Mar 28, 2010

Go Sparty!


Despite my Bucky hoops allegiance that came from familial ties for the years 2003-2007, I'm Goldy through and through. But like Brett Favre in a Pack jersey I've found myself fascinated and a big supporter of Thomas Izzo over the years. Like Favre the guy is just tough as nails and that makes him hard to root against in my book. Plus he knows hoops. Seriously does anyone run better sets than this guy? Seriously. Methinks no. Anyways, I love the guys fight and it's hard to deny that over the last 15 years he has been one of the best coaches in the country. He got his job the way no one does anymore. Learning under a legend than assuming the reigns with the blessing of his mentor.

As a huge Big Ten fan I have to admit that Sparty and sometimes Brutus (I said sometimes, I like where Matta is going but he isn't there yet) are the only reasons to get excited come March. It's really not hard to understand how he does it. He plays strong man to man and a fast paced offense that attracts the top wings and guards in the midwest. He then molds that talent and fuses it with his mental and physical toughness and voila...Final Four here we come.