Dec 12, 2008

Did This Week Just Happen????

Yes it did Ryan...yes it did! I'm down HUGE this week, after having some relative success the past month. How? My broker offered me 4:1 leverage on equity and I picked this week to put it to work thinking my streak would continue. Unfortunately that didn't happen and instead of making 4:1 I lost 4:1. I'm still up on the year so it's not really my money but nevertheless it hurts.

A friend of mine warned me not to be induced by the seductive powers of substantial leverage, but like a Wall Street Bank I levered it up with visions of million dollar grandeur and paid the price, unfortunately I don't qualify for funds under TARP (lol). The good news is I learned a valuable lesson...be patient. Some fellow traders warned me against trying to get rich all at once, now I know. Based on my model I can still do very well over the next few months if I'm patient, stick to my plan and just let the small daily gains add up.