May 31, 2009

Back on the Train

I'm back, at work that is. I started with a client on a short term contract last week. Trading, having been very good to me, is not something a person like me can sustain for a long time, and short of having the need there isn't much redeeming value in trying to make a career out of it, especially if you're doing it in the confines of your own presence.

I've amassed decent savings and plan on returning when volatility picks back up in the fall. For now, I need the challenge of problem solving and client interaction to ensure my primary skills aren't atrophying. It's a pretty good deal in this environ, presents sufficient opportunity for leadership and is challenging. What else can a consultant want?

As it is I will still maintain this blog, but frequency will probably trough at about 3-4 entries per week. But if you're interested I'm leaving you with a few of my favorite blogs:
Mags McArdle
Matt Yglesias
Matt Taibi
Rorty
Remy
Ta-Nehisi Coates