May 14, 2009

Nike is Awesome

Besides being a pretty tradable stock, there commercials are second to none when it comes to hoops. I realized this in high school when they put out the commercial with the two little boys shooting free throws in an empty gym, with each one taking turns with the clown wig and big number 1 finger trying to distract the other. At the end the kid takes his dribbles and nails the free throw and then says "your turn".

Next up was the dribbling commercial. Any hooper is familiar with this as it capitalized on the And 1 Skip tapes. I was a pretty deso handler and even those guys were doing things that I had never seen. My brother actually shook me with the behind the back over the head move in our driveway one time.

And lastly what do I see today. But the Kobe and Lebron puppets. I won't post the youtube video here, it's probably best when you see it during the playoffs. I must say they'e pretty awesome though (oh yeah and the one Bron did with the girl from PSD wasn't bad either).