Apr 12, 2009

Another W

An Easter morning win is a good way to start out the day. The computer had me on the ropes for a little while but I was able to regain the advantage and tick out a win. I usually increase my chances of winning (v the computer or a human) when I'm able to trade Queen for Queen. Today I figured out why that is. It's because I'm not that smart. Seriously. The Queen with her ability to shapeshift into most pieces on the board presents way to many options for my non algorithmic brain to consider on a per move basis. When I'm able to eliminate or trade her, the game becomes a lot more linear in terms of evaluating all the options. Anyways, my high school hoops coach used to say any win is a good win. I echo those sentiments here. Maybe I'll start learning to play better with her on the board.